What is Slack?
Slack is one of the most popular collaboration hubs / chat tools that already plays a very important role in many companies by almost fully replacing traditional inter-team email exchanges, including in some architecture firms!
Every company using Slack has a workspace of its own, that can be joined by invitation only, where all of their conversations and shared files are stored.
Slack is a great remote collaboration tool to keep teams working together, allowing them to work online as efficiently as if they were working face-to-face. One great feature of Slack is the ability to create channels specific to a topic or project: these help organize messaging and file sharing so everyone can collaborate together easier.
Do you want to know why Slack is one of the most popular remote work tools for team chat in the professional landscape? Take a look at some of its features:
- Face-to-face: Yes! Slack also offers the possibility of doing voice and video calls. It has all you need to communicate with your team in just one platform.
- Integrated file sharing: Share all your working documents with your team: files, videos, audio, pdfs…
- Organized conversations: You can create channels for each conversation, topic, project… You can also have private or group conversations with your colleagues or anyone with access to your Slack workspace.
- Searchable history: Did you just have the most interesting conversation with one of your colleagues and want to referencer all the details? That's totally doable! Slack offers the functionality of searching everything that has been posted. Even when you archive a channel, the content is available for future reference.
- Work with integrated tools: These make things easy and to boost your productivity. Slack has an app directory with over 2,000 apps that can be integrated with the tool and make your life easier: Dropbox, Drive, Salesforce and more.
- Security: Slack is a very safe tool, as it encrypts your data while in transit and in storage. This is a great feature to have in tools for remote teams.
Our favourite Slack tutorial
Get some tips and tricks on how to get started with Slack with the following Slack tutorial. You’ll find some interesting ideas for your own architecture firm!
How to use Slack for free
Slack offers a free plan for small teams for an unlimited period of time. This free version has some features that you would surely find useful for your firm:
- It gives you to access up to 10,000 of your team’s most recent messages
- Allows up to 10 integrations with other apps like Google Drive, Office 365 or others that your firm uses
- You can have individual or team voice and video calls
This should get you started, but if you have a large team, or need more features other than those offered in the free plan, you can explore Slack’s paid plans. You will surely find the right fit for your business!
Want to learn more? Start using Slack now or learn about other Team Chat tools that can help boost your business productivity: