What is Google Meet
Google Meet is a virtual meeting tool to host your business meetings, ideal for those working from home. And yes, as you might have already guessed, it belongs to Google.
Google Meet is free (up to a certain amount of participants and call duration) and accessible by any device and also directly through Chrome and other browsers, meaning that unlike other remote-work video conferencing tools, you are not required to install any additional plugins or apps. This tool just makes it easier for architects and firms to meet their customers from anywhere in the world.
Google Meet features
On top of offering a great user experience and intuitive remote collaboration tool, Google Meet offers as many features as other video conferencing tools:
- Audio and video preview: this might sound irrelevant, but actually having some time to adjust how you look on the camera and that the sound on your device is working as it should, can save a lot of time during the actual meeting.
- Adjustable layout and screen settings: Google Meet automatically shows you the video and the content of the most active participants in the call. However you can adjust this in any way you like.
- Screen Share: you can choose between sharing your entire screen or just a specific application window. A great feature to have in video conferencing tools for remote teams.
- Live captioning: to make its meeting fully accessible, Google Meet offers live captions powered by Google’s speech recognition technology.
- Messaging with participants: you can engage with other meeting participants with the messaging tool. You can use it to share links, files or just chat!
Our favourite Google Meet tutorial
Google Meet is very easy to use, especially since you don't have to download any software or apps to use it. However, if you want to have a quick reminder on how to work with this tool, have a look at this detailed video tutorial on how to use Google Meet.
How to use Google Meet for free
As mentioned before, you can certainly use Google Meet for free! However, in the same way that we’ve seen with similar remote work tools, the free version is limited compared to the paid ones, but there are still many things that you can do with it like:
- 1 hour meeting length
- Up to a 100 meeting participants
- Unlimited number of meetings
- Share screen and present
If you want additional functionalities such as international dial-in phone numbers or record your meeting and directly save it into Google Drive, you will need to explore one of Google’s Meet paid plans.
Want to learn more? Start using Google Meet now or learn about other video conferencing tools that can help boost your business productivity: